About This Blog

My photo
Hey all, I decided to start this blog as a way to tell people about music that doesn't really get a lot of attention but that I think really deserves it! I format my entries in the form of reviews. Hopefully, I can help point you in the direction of some great music that you wouldn't have found otherwise. I know it always makes my day when I find a new band to listen to :) Hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave comments and suggest albums for me to review. Keep in mind these are just my opinions!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Science & Faith" by The Script


Yes, I know this just come out today, and yes, I'm sure it's going to be one of the most popular releases of the month. But I wanna review it, so there! I guess this can be some great music that you haven't heard yet.


The Script has for years been one of my go-to bands for an extraordinarily catchy, melancholy song. They're fun to sing along to, and the musical instrumentation that the band uses results in some of the most emotionally powerful music of any music group I've heard. The amazing vocal harmonies and falsetto of the band's frontman doesn't hurt either.

"Science & Faith" is another exercise in The Script's constant catchiness. In The Script's self-titled debut album, all the songs were very good, but there were about four powerhouses with choruses that just flat out rocked your socks. On this album, there are about eight. The choruses that these boys rock out on are infectious and impossible to skip over; they just grab on to you and don't let go.

That being said, these are not happy songs. The lyrics, though wonderfully written in my opinion, channel pain, disappointment, and loneliness. However, there is hope in this album, a faint whisper of the possibility that we are not alone in our journey through life.

The album can be interpreted as a prolonged journal entry, a sort of crying out for fellow men and women to hear you and understand what you're going through.

All I can say is, I wish there were more of this album. If they had come out with two new albums at the same time, I'd be thrilled. There is not one boring song. Every single one screams: "We are The Script, and this is why you love us." I also give them fifty points for being Irish, but that's just my own personal bias haha.

In my residence hall, people sing songs off The Script's first album all the time. Thanks to this new album, we all now have an abundance of new material to belt out to our heart's content.

My three favorite songs on the album are: "Nothing," "If You Ever Come Back," and "Exit Wounds," with the honorable mention going to "This = Love."

Here's a link to their Myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/thescript

Until next time, enjoy the new music :)

Andrew

1 comment:

  1. LOVE The Script's new album! "For The First Time" is definitely my favorite song. Did you know that if you tweet with #ForTheFirstTime on twitter, you can win a chance to MEET The Script?! So cool. Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete